Want to Do Orbi Setup Without App? Let’s Help!
Many netizens have opted for Orbi mesh WiFi systems due to their unmatchable performance. The only effort required from their end is the configuration of the mesh system via the app or the web GUI. Since the mobile app lets the user manage and monitor the entire home network, a large proportion of users go for it. But, what about the other half of users who choose option B i.e. opt to do Orbi setup without app or the web GUI? It has been noticed that half of the users fail to set up the mesh network because of their lack of knowledge.
In case you also belong to the second lot, then this post will be the one-stop solution for you. Here, you will get to know about the step-by-step instructions using which setting up the Orbi WiFi system will become one of the easiest tasks for you. With that said, read on.
How to Do Orbi Setup Without App – Steps
The process of installing the Orbi system begins right from its unboxing. Therefore, first of all, take all the Orbi units out of the box and ensure that all of them are in a non-damaged state. Once ensured, you can start giving a shot at the steps highlighted below.
- Right after unboxing, choose a neat and clean place near your main modem.
- Plug in your mesh router to a wall outlet.
- Now, push the Power button and let the LED light on your WiFi router gain stability.
- Time to make a connection between the router and modem! So, grab an Ethernet cable.
- Join the Ethernet ports of your WiFi devices using the cable.
- The connection ought to be strong.
- Consider, switching on your computer or laptop.
- Hitting Enter will take you to the router’s admin panel.
- After reaching there, key in the default values of your Orbi router.
- Select Log In.
- A few on-screen prompts will welcome you.
- The screen on which these prompts show up is the BASIC Home screen.
- Follow the instructions and complete the Orbi setup without app.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed your Orbi WiFi router without using the mobile application. Since you’ve accessed the orbilogin URL on a web browser in this method, tech-savvy call it the manual method of accessing or setting up an Orbi mesh system. However, if you are a newbie, there are chances of you getting stuck with an issue while installing the router. For this reason, we’ve summed up a few tips that will accompany you to carry out the setup process in a hassle-free way.
Tips to Do Orbi Setup Without App
- Never power up your Orbi WiFi router or modem using a damaged socket. The power requirements of your WiFi devices must be fulfilled at every cost.
- The distance between your WiFi devices is supposed to be optimal. It should be maintained in such a way that your devices don’t struggle to propagate signals.
- While doing Orbi setup without app, the web browser chosen for the process must not be outdated. An outdated browser won’t let you access the router’s dashboard easily.
- You must enter the router’s login details correctly. Keep in mind that these details are case-sensitive and irrelevant capitalization of letters will cause login issues.
- The Ethernet cable you’ve used to join your networking devices must be intact. In case it is not, then you must go out and buy a new Ethernet cable right away.
- Lastly, no on-screen instruction must be skipped while performing Orbi setup without app. If you do so, then there is a high possibility that you’ll end up having a partially installed mesh system.
Here, we end our guide focused on the instructions to install an Orbi device via a web browser. We hope that you’ve successfully done the Orbi setup without app. Now, you can start accessing its network and enjoy the internet the way you fancy.
But, if you want to have a never-ending smooth internet experience with your WiFi mesh system, keeping it equipped with the latest firmware version is a great idea. Therefore, as soon as the company rolls out a new firmware version for the router or satellite, install it by accessing the mesh system’s web-based management console. You can also get in touch with our team if you need a helping hand to upgrade the firmware of your WiFi system.