Some Tips to Fix Netgear Orbi Keeps Dropping Internet Issue
In case you are one of those users who are experiencing the Netgear Orbi keeps dropping internet issue, then the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post are just what you need. You should know that prior to shedding light on the solutions; we have presented the list of reasons why you are in this mess. Becoming aware of the reasons will give you one benefit, i.e. you will be able to fix the issue at hand much more quickly than you were expecting. Taking this into account, continue reading this post.
Orbi Keeps Dropping Internet Issue? Why?
1. Devices Not Synced
On the list of reasons, the number one factor contributing to the Netgear Orbi keeps dropping internet issue is that the Orbi devices are not synced properly. There can be a couple of reasons why this might have happened. They have been outlined here:
- The sync button is not pressed on one of the devices.
- There is too much space between the router and the satellite.
Whatever the situation of these two might be, you need to follow the solution mentioned in the next section to resolve the issue in debate.
2. Outdated Firmware
Another reason why you are experiencing the Netgear Orbi keeps dropping internet issue is because you did not update the firmware of your networking device when it was needed. In case you did, then the firmware might have failed due to these reasons:
- You downloaded the wrong or incompatible firmware version.
- The firmware update process got interrupted because of background activities.
At last, you followed the wrong steps which forced the process to fail and the connection of your Netgear Orbi router to drop.
[Fixed] Netgear Orbi Keeps Dropping Internet Issue
1. Sync Devices Again
To troubleshoot the issue at hand, you need to sync Orbi satellite to the router again. This can be done in case you follow the instructions mentioned here:
- Locate the sync button on the Orbi router.
- Once located, press it.
- Repeat the same step on the Netgear Orbi satellite.
- Wait for the LED light to turn blue.
This is an indication that your Orbi devices are synced properly or in other words, the connection between them is good. See if this hack helps you to resolve the Netgear Orbi keeps dropping internet issue. In case it does not, then follow the next one.
2. Update Firmware
Has it been way too long since you last updated the firmware of your Netgear Orbi? Yes? Well then, you need to update the firmware of your networking device to its latest version without thinking much about it. Here are the steps through which you can do so:
- Download the firmware of your Orbi device from Netgear Download Center.
- Save it to your desktop.
- After some time, unzip the file if you feel like it.
- In the new tab of your browser, enter orbilogin.net or orbilogin.com.
- Pressing the Enter key will take you to the Netgear Orbi login page.
- Here you need to enter the admin login username and password.
- The username is admin and case-sensitive for your information.
- Select Advanced > Administration > Firmware Update > Manual Update.
- In some time, the firmware update page will come into view.
- Click the Browse button and then select the file which you downloaded earlier.
- Select the Upload button and wait for a few minutes.
- Once the page adjusts, click the Yes button to continue.
In this manner, you will be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router to its latest version and we are hoping that you will be able to resolve the Netgear Orbi keeps dropping internet issue along with that.
These were the troubleshooting tips through which you will be able to resolve the Netgear Orbi keeps dropping internet issue. In case you are still experiencing it, then waste no more time restoring your networking device to its default factory settings. For this, finding and pressing the reset button on the Orbi router is required. Once you have restored your device, configure it right from the beginning via 192.168.1.1. In case you are not sure of the correct steps to execute the process, then take our advice and refer to the user manual.