Orbi Satellite Firmware Update: What You Need to Know
Since an Orbi mesh system consists of a router and satellite, one cannot imagine getting the maximum WiFi output until the firmware of both devices is not updated. Yes, you read it right! Just like routers, satellites involved in the mesh system should be updated. A lot of users update the firmware of their Orbi WiFi routers but ignore their satellites and end up facing internet-related problems. Just in case you don’t know how to perform Orbi satellite firmware, this post will assist you with the entire process.
How to Update Orbi Satellite Firmware?
Before you start updating the firmware, be sure that you are not seeing the Orbi purple light on your satellite. If you see, then it means that your satellite is unable to get the IP address from the wireless router. In that scenario, we suggest you restart your Orbi satellite first.
Restarting the satellite is a simple task and it does not demand you to get involved in deep technicality. All you have to do is unplug your satellite from its respective socket, wait for a while, and connect it back. As soon as the Orbi ring LED turns off [which means that the satellite is working perfectly], start giving a shot at the steps mentioned below:
- Load an internet browser on your computer.
- Go to the address bar and enter orbilogin.com.
- You can also use the IP address of the Orbi device.
- Press the Enter key.
- The moment you see the Orbi login page, input the required details.
- Click Log In.
- On the BASIC Home screen, click Advanced > Firmware Update.
- Now, select the Online Update tab.
- Click the Check button beside the Satellite option to see if there is an update available.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Orbi satellite firmware update process.
In this way, you can update the satellite’s firmware. However, there is a possibility that you may encounter an Orbi firmware check error during an online update. In that scenario, you have the liberty to upgrade the satellite’s firmware manually. To know the instructions, check out the next section.
How to Do Orbi Satellite Firmware Update Manually?
To manually upgrade the firmware on your satellite, you need to download the firmware file separately by surfing the web. Therefore, you are supposed to keep in mind the model number of the satellite while downloading its firmware file. Besides, you might need to unzip the firmware file if the OS of your computer demands to do so. Thus, after you’re done downloading the firmware file, save it at the most convenient location on your PC and unzip it [if needed]. After that, follow these instructions:
- Log in using orbilogin.com or the IP address.
- Reach the Firmware Update tab by clicking the Advanced option on the device’s Status page.
- Select the Manual Update tab.
- Thereafter, check the model number of your Orbi satellite and hit the Update button.
- The next screen might prompt you to authenticate yourself.
- Insert the required details and proceed.
- On the next window, select the Browse button.
- Locate the firmware file in accordance with the model number and select it.
- Click Upload.
- You will now be asked to wait for a few minutes.
- So, do what the screen suggests and let your satellite get updated to the latest firmware version.
That’s it! Your Orbi satellite is now flaunting the latest firmware version. However, if you want to be sure about the same, navigate to the Firmware Update tab on the Status page of the mesh WiFi system and verify if the one mentioned there matches the firmware file you’ve downloaded. If yes, then you’re all set. You can resume using the services of your mesh WiFi system.
Tips for Orbi Satellite Firmware Update Success
Although updating the firmware of the satellite will become quite easy after following the steps mentioned in any of the above sections, still there are chances that you get stuck with the process. In that scenario, we suggest you keep a check on the following things:
- Be sure that your Orbi satellite is present in close proximity to the router.
- Do not interrupt the firmware update process by performing background activities.
- Never upload the mismatched firmware file on your WiFi satellite.
- Your computer must be free of viruses while upgrading the satellite.
- Avoid disconnecting the satellite from the router amidst the process.
- The browser used for updating the satellite must be running on the newest software version.
- Most importantly, your satellite should be in sync with the Orbi WiFi router.
Once you take care of the above-mentioned points, there is nothing that can stop you from getting success with the Orbi satellite firmware update process unless what you lag is a stable internet connection. We have a solution for that too. Establish a hardwired connection between the router and modem and let the success kiss your feet.