Orbi RBR50 Can’t Connect to Smart Plug After Password Reset?
Lately, Netgear Orbi users have been seen reporting an issue with their devices. It seems after they reset the Orbi RBR50 WiFi password, it does not get connected to the Gosund Smart plugs. Earlier the devices were connected and everything was working perfectly fine. But after the password is reset, the smart plugs don’t recognize the Orbi network and can’t connect to it. Is there a workaround to resolve this issue?
Well, of course, there is! This very problem has been faced by many Orbi users and there is a specific solution to this. If you are looking for the same solution, then reading this blog completely will be helpful. There are other factors that you need to know about. Hence, stick to reading!
Orbi RBR50 Can’t Connect to Gosund Smart Plug: Fix
Now that you have reset Orbi router password of your Netgear Orbi system, all the devices that are connected to its network get disconnected from it. You need to get all the devices reconnected one by one using the new password.
Reboot the Netgear Orbi RBR50
Since you have been trying to connect the Netgear Orbi to the Smart plugs, there are chances that it is stuck with minor glitches. To rule out the possibility of glitches stopping the connection and eliminating the glitches, rebooting will be helpful. Here are the instructions that you can use to reboot your Netgear Orbi system:
- Using the Power button on the Orbi router, turn it off.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall socket.
- If there are any other cables that are inserted into the router, take them out as well.
- Now, let the devices sit idle for some time.
- Reconnect the cables and plug the power adapter into the wall outlet again.
- Using the Power button, turn the RBR50 router on.
You can now connect the Gosund Smart plugs to the Netgear Orbi using the instructions that have been highlighted ahead:
Reconnect Orbi to Gosund Smart Plugs After Password Reset
To reconnect the devices, ie the smart plug to the Orbi router, you need to connect to the WiFi signal that is broadcast from the plug itself. If you are connected to the Orbi; ‘s WiFi and are trying to connect the Orbi RBR50 to smart plugs, then you won’t be able to get the task executed. See ahead, how you can connect the devices:
1st Step: Reset the Smart Plugs
- Ensure that the Netgear Orbi RBR50 router is fully powered up.
- Also, make sure that the connection between the router and modem is well in place.
- Get hold of your smartphone on which the Gosund app is installed. Make sure that you are using an updated version of the app. Get it updated if not yet done.
- Launch the app.
- In the list of the devices, go to each device, on the top right of the screen, tap on the edit/setup pencil icon.
- Scroll to the bottom and select ‘Remove Device’.
- Next, select ‘Wipe Date’.
- Use the same process to reset all the Gosund Smart plugs.
2nd Step: Connect the Smart Plugs Again
- Go back to the main home screen on the app.
- Tap on the + button to add a new device.
- Select the plug that you wish to add.
- Type the updated Orbi WiFi name and Password.
- Select ‘EZ mode’ on the top right corner of the Reset your Device screen.
- Now, select AP Mode from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that the Smart Plug is in Slow Blink mode. In case it is blinking fast, long press the button until blinks slowly.
- Next, select ‘Go to Connect’ and you will reach the phone’s WiFi settings.
- Select ‘SmartLifexxxx’ from the list of available networks.
- Get back to the Gosund app and follow the instructions that appear to connect the smart plug to the Netgear Orbi RBR50.
This will complete connecting your Gosund Smart plug to the Netgear Orbi System after you have reset its WiFi password or performed Orbi factory reset.
In the End
You may often need to change the WiFi password of your Netgear Orbi RBR50 devices. After you reset or change the WiFi password, if you are facing issues while getting the Gosund Smart Plugs reconnected to its network, then using the solution given in this blog will be helpful. We are sure you have the devices connected now without any trouble. Plug in the Orbi and connect your other client devices to its network and enjoy seamless Internet throughout your home.