Orbi: I am Unable to Add a Satellite [Fixed]
Orbi users need to add satellites to their routers in order to complete the mesh WiFi system configuration process. The same process needs to be followed when the user wishes to introduce an add-on satellite to the mesh system. However, it has been reported that users are facing problems while doing so and hence reach the conclusion “Orbi: I am unable to add a satellite”. Just in case you also aspire to add a satellite to your Orbi router but are unable to do so, this is the post you must read. Here, we’ve not only highlighted the steps to add a supplementary satellite to the mesh WiFi network but also the hacks that you should follow in case you fail to master the art of doing so.
Orbi: I am Unable to Add a Satellite [Reasons]
Learning about the reasons behind the problem provides the user with the ability to resolve it from its base. Therefore, before everything else, walk through the points highlighted below and find out why you’ve got your name mentioned on the list of users facing the “Orbi: I am unable to add a satellite” problem:
- Your satellite is too far from the Orbi wireless router
- Either your Orbi satellite or the router is receiving fluctuating power supply
- An outdated firmware of the router can also cause the issue to occur
- You are using an outdated version of the Orbi app to add the satellite to the mesh system
- You forgot to sync your Orbi router and satellite
So, these were the reasons why users fail to introduce a new satellite to their Orbi mesh WiFi system. But, the major one is still the user’s unfamiliarity with the process to add a satellite. Therefore, walk through the next section and learn how to add an Orbi satellite to the router via the Orbi admin login portal.
How to Add Orbi Satellite to Router?
- Launch the Orbi app on your mobile phone.
- Perform Netgear Orbi login using the default [until customized] details of your router.
- On the dashboard of the router, tap Menu.
- Tap Add Satellite.
- Follow on-screen prompts.
That’s it! Wasn’t the process of adding the satellite to the home network easy? What happened? Are you still being bugged by the annoying “Orbi: I am unable to add a satellite” problem? Well, the time has come to eliminate the other reasons causing the problem. For this, you can either approach our tech support team directly or walk through the troubleshooting tactics mentioned in the next section.
[Fix] Orbi: I am Unable to Add a Satellite
- To successfully add a new satellite to your Orbi mesh WiFi system, you need to place it a little closer to the WiFi router. Doing so will make it easier for them to communicate thereby increasing the chances of success with the process of adding satellite.
- Ensure that your Orbi WiFi router and the add-on satellite are getting sufficient power from their respective wall sockets. Any fluctuation in power can result in major problems related to the mesh WiFi system.
- Update the firmware of your WiFi router either with the help of the mobile application or using the web-based management console. But, what happened? Are you still complaining “Orbi: I am unable to add a satellite”. Check the following hack in that case.
- Consider upgrading the Orbi app. Know that using an outdated version of the mobile application to manage the mesh WiFi system results in unwanted delays and of course, issues similar to the one that we are currently discussing.
- The sync between the router and the add-on satellite is the most important thing to determine the successful setup of the mesh network. Therefore, consider pressing the Sync button on your Orbi router and satellite and restart the process of adding the satellite.
Adding a satellite to the Orbi mesh network helps in increasing the WiFi range. But, in the case of the failure to do so, it does not mean that you give up. We are now hopeful that you’ve gained enough knowledge about eliminating the “Orbi: I am unable to add a satellite” problem. However, if you are still stuck somewhere, do not even think for a second to get in touch with our experts.