Netgear Orbi RBR50 Setup
Have you recently brought a Netgear Orbi RBR50 router into your house and now you are wondering how to set up the device? Well, it looks like your fate took your side and redirected you to this guide. Here, we have talked in detail about how the Netgear Orbi RBR50 process can be performed. So, you should quit waiting and get down to reading.
Netgear Orbi RBR50 Setup [Prerequisites]
To prevent yourself from lurking inside your house for different things during the setup process, here are the ones that you should keep handy.
- Ethernet cable
- Netgear Orbi RBS50 satellite
- Default admin login username and password
- Fully charged laptop
- And of course, your Netgear Orbi RBR50 router
Now, you can continue reading this guide and learn how to setup Orbi RBR50 using two different methods.
Netgear Orbi RBR50 Setup via Manual Method
This is the very first method that you can use in order to configure the Netgear Orbi RBR50 router. In this method, accessing the web user interface is required.
In order to manually set up your RBR50 router, follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Locate a wall socket in your house. Ensure that it is not damaged.
- Plug the Netgear Orbi RBR50 router into it.
- Press the power button.
- Soon the LED on your RBR50 router will glow.
- This is a sign that you need to move to the next step.
- Connect the router to the modem.
- You can do so with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- The next step is to pull out the RBS50 satellite from the box.
- Repeat the 2nd and 3rd step, but using the satellite.
- Now, you need to sync your devices.
- That can be done if you press the Sync button on the router and then the satellite.
- After this, open your laptop.Gain access to an internet browser.
- In the address bar, enter the default web address, i.e. orbilogin.net.
- Press the Enter key. You will access the Netgear Orbi login page.
- Now, you are required to make use of the admin login details.
- Click on the Log In button. Soon, the BASIC Home screen will make its way to your screen.
- Walk through the on-screen prompts.
In this manner, you will be able to achieve Netgear Orbi RBR50 setup success.
Netgear Orbi RBR50 Setup via Orbi App
In the previous method, you learned how to perform Netgear Orbi RBR50 setup using the laptop. In this one, you will have to make use of your mobile device.
The following instructions will teach you to configure your Orbi router using the Orbi app:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Download the Orbi app.
- After that, wait for the installation process to end.
- Thereafter, launch the app.
- Now, you have to create an account.
- After that, perform Netgear Orbi login.
- As soon as the main dashboard appears, follow the on-screen prompts.
After setting up the Orbi RBR50 router, you can gain access to the internet on your every device. Plus, no matter the number of devices on which you try to access the internet, the speed will not get less.
Most Common Netgear Orbi RBR50 Setup Issues
There are two types of people. The first type has technical brains. They easily catch up with things. The second type are non-tech-savvy. If you belong to the second group, then chances are that you might have faced issues during the setup process.
Go through the following list of issues:
- Power LED blinking red
- Orbi RBR50 router not connecting to internet
- No LED light
- RBR50 not getting started
- Orbi router not syncing with Orbi satellite
- Netgear Orbi RBR50 not found
- Orbi authentication error
- RBR50 router keeps dropping connection
- Orbilogin.net not working
- Orbi router login screen stuck
Troubleshooting Netgear Orbi RBR50 Setup Issues
- Make sure that the Netgear Orbi RBR50 router and RBS50 satellite have been synced properly. The Sync button should be pressed on both of them.
- The Ethernet cable that you have used for the connection between the networking devices ought to be damage-free. Also, it should not be worn out.
- There should not be more than 50 feet of distance between the Orbi router and the existing modem. Your devices will have a communication gap otherwise.
- Only use the correct web address and admin login credentials to access the Netgear Orbi RBR50 setup wizard. In case of any doubts, refer to the user manual.
After following these troubleshooting hacks, you will be able to perform Netgear Orbi RBR50 setup with ease using the orbilogin details.