Netgear Orbi RBK853 Setup: Everything You Must Know
Want to get a seamless internet connection in all the nooks and corners of the home? Why don’t you give a shot at the mesh WiFi system by Netgear? Orbi mesh WiFi system helps you get WiFi signals throughout your home. But to get the internet, you need to set up the Orbi system in your home first. This post will help you perform the Netgear Orbi RBK853 setup with some easy steps. Let’s begin the task without any more delays.
Steps to Perform Netgear Orbi RBK853 Setup
You can use the Netgear Orbi app on your phone to complete the setup process. You also have the option of using the web interface on a browser to get the job executed. You’ll need Orbi admin login details during the process. Here’s how you can carry out the Netgear Orbi RBK853 setup process:
Before You Begin!!
- If you’re going to use the Netgear Orbi app to set up the Orbi device, then download and install the app on your phone first. The app is available for iOS and Android OS.
- If it is a brand new Orbi device, then unbox it and check the package contents. Everything should be well in place and in good condition.
- By any chance, if you are trying to set up an older Orbi, then reset all the Orbi devices and have the factory settings running on them. The devices must be running on the default settings when you’re setting them up.
- Plug out the modem to which you will be connecting the router. Let the modem recover its settings.
- Insert the power adapter of the Orbi devices into them.
Let’s Set Up Netgear Orbi Now
1st Step: Place the Devices Near By
Get the Netgear Orbi devices near the modem in the home so that you can get them connected. There ought to be available wall sockets to plug in the Orbi devices. You can consider using an extension cord in the absence of wall outlets.
2nd Step: Link the Devices
In the second step, you ought to make the connection between the Netgear Orbi router and modem. Take a LAN cable and use it to link the two devices. The connection must be firm and secure.
3rd Step: Supply Power
The third step involves powering on the devices. But you need to keep into consideration the sequence that we are mentioning here while turning the devices on.
First, plug in the modem and turn it on. Second, turn on the Orbi router by plugging the power cable into the wall outlet. The devices must be fully powered up and receiving a consistent power supply. Ensure this before you move further.
4th Step: Join the Network
The time has come for you to join the Orbi’s network. In case you are using the web interface on a PC then you can connect using a LAN cable or join router’s WiFi.
In case you’re using the Orbi app then connect your phone to Orbi WiFi.
Check the information about the Orbi SSID and WiFi password on a label on the router.
5th Step: Go to Orbi Setup Page
As soon as you join the Orbi’s network on a browser, you will be navigated to the Orbi setup page. In case this does not happen then use orbilogin.net and go to installation wizard.
If you are using the app, then launch the app and you’ll reach the installation wizard on it.
6th Step: Carry Out the Setup Instructions
The minute you are on the setup or installation wizard, all you are supposed to do is to follow the setup instructions appearing on the screen. Ensure to follow them in the right manner and in the right order.
You’ve performed Netgear Orbi RBK853 setup using the web interface or the Orbi mobile app.
7th Step: Sync Orbi Satellites
Plug in the Orbi satellites near the Orbi router. Do this one by one. The satellites will find the router’s network and automatically connect to it. If the devices do not connect on their own, then do it manually.
- Press the Sync button on the router first.
- Within two minutes, press the Sync button on the satellite.
- The devices will connect to each other.
- Repeat the same process with all other satellites.
The Final Note
This is all about how you can perform the Netgear Orbi RBK853 setup with the existing home network. You can now shift the Orbi devices in different parts of the home where you wish to get internet signals. Ensure to place the Orbi router within range of the modem and place the satellites in range of the router.