Netgear Orbi Blinking White? Know the Reasons and Solutions!
Whenever your Orbi router tries to convey a message, it does it via LED lights. That is why it flashes purple sometimes and turns white on a few occasions. The purple light on the Orbi means no internet connection which prevents you from accessing the Orbilogin URL. But, do you know the reason why your Orbi router’s LED light turns white? If not, then walk through this post and learn the reasons why the Netgear Orbi blinking white light issue occurs. Not only this, but this post will also make you familiar with some working hacks that will help you fix the problem like it never existed. Stick to reading.
Why Are You Facing Netgear Orbi Blinking White Issue?
There are three occasions when you are likely to get the white light issue on your Orbi router. We’ve listed them for your ease:
- You are likely to see the white light on your Orbi WiFi router when it is powering up. Yes, you read it right. The Orbi blinking white light means that the booting process is being carried out. However, it becomes a headache when the light does not get settled after some time.
- The second scenario in which the white light on the Orbi router becomes an issue is when the power supply is insufficient. Well, it can occur due to two common reasons. First, if the power socket is damaged. Second, if your area suffers power outages a lot.
- You might also get the Netgear Orbi blinking white light following the router’s firmware update. Know that the firmware update process of the router only gets completed after an automatic reboot. However, you are not supposed to disturb your router during the process. It seems that you breached the same rule due to which the router is showing white light.
Apart from the above-discussed reasons, a faulty wired connection or the presence of a malfunctioning device on your local area network can force the Orbi router to behave weirdly and flash white light. Therefore, what we suggest you is to disconnect all the Ethernet cable connections your WiFi router is sharing. Additionally, ensure that you haven’t created a network loop with the Ethernet cable. FYI, a network loop is likely to happen when information sharing between the Orbi router and other devices is done through more than one active path.
How to Fix Netgear Orbi Blinking White Issue?
Just in case you are getting the same problem after the elimination of the network loop and faulty wired connections, you can either contact our experts or troubleshoot it via the tips shared below.
- The booting process of your Netgear Orbi might have been left incomplete due to technical glitches. Technical glitches are the most annoying entities in the digital realm that force users to have a thorny experience with their WiFi devices. To eliminate them, simply shut off your router for a while and power it up. You can also consider unplugging it from the power source while executing the process.
- Check whether the socket that is fulfilling the Orbi router’s power requirements is working fine or not. If it is, then Netgear Orbi blinking white problem might have occurred due to random power cuts. To cope with them, consider using a UPS. In case the wall socket is found damaged, then you are supposed to get it repaired or use another for supplying power to the router.
- Update the firmware of your Orbi router again. The Netgear Orbi mobile application or the web-based management utility of the router will help you do that. However, you are not supposed to interrupt the firmware update process by performing background activities or force rebooting your router. Otherwise, your Netgear Orbi will keep blinking white light.
After reading the reasons behind the Netgear Orbi blinking white problem and troubleshooting tips to fix it, you might have concluded that the router must be booted up properly. For this, you need to ensure a proper power supply, eliminate network loops, and do much more. We are now expecting that the issue is not troubling you anymore. However, if you are still seeing the color white being flashed by the LED light of your Orbi WiFi router, then consider getting in touch with our expert team. They will tell you where you might have stepped wrong and how you can eliminate the issue with some advanced troubleshooting tips. Don’t worry about the time. They are available round the clock for Netgear Orbi users.