Can’t Connect Orbi Add On Satellite to Orbi Router
You can improve the Orbi mesh system WiFi network range and performance by adding an Orbi add on satellite to it. If you have a large home that needs WiFi in different parts of the home, then you can consider buying add on satellite. To get it up and working you need to connect it to the Orbi router. But plenty of users out there face issues with connecting add on satellite to the Orbi router. If you are also facing can’t connect to Orbi WiFi router issue, then walk through this blog and get the solution for your problem instantly.
Fixing Orbi Add On Satellite Connection Issues
Fix 1: Check If You Can Add Orbi Add On Satellite
You need to check if your Orbi system has room for an Orbi add on satellite or not. The maximum number of Orbi satellites that you can add depends on the Orbi WiFi standard that it supports. See below if your Orbi WiFi system can support add on satellite or not:
- WiFi 5- This supports adding a max of 6 satellites (with a max of 2 satellites in a daisy chain).
- WiFi 6 and 6E- This support adding a max of 4 satellites (with a max of 2 satellites in a daisy chain). Orbi WiFi 6 and 6E have a capability to support more than 4 satellites via wireless connections though. But it is recommended to use a wired Ethernet backhaul connection for the best WiFi performance.
Thus if you already have the maximum number of satellites already connected to your Orbi router, then it is obvious that you are experiencing a”can’t connect to Orbi router issue.”
Fix 2: Reboot Orbi Router
Sometimes it is just minor technical glitches that stop you from adding Orbi add on satellite to the router. To get rid of these temporary glitches, you simply need to reboot the Orbi router. Go ahead and power off the Orbi router and power it on again after a while. Try connecting add on satellite to the router now. You can also reboot your satellite once using a similar process if the issue is still the same.
Fix 3: Bring Orbi Add On Satellite Closer
Perhaps you have placed the add on satellite away from the router. The devices should be close enough to communicate with each other. So bring the Orbi add on satellite closer to the Orbi router first and then try connecting them.
Fix 4: Sync Them Correctly
If you now following the correct steps to add the add on satellite then you will face Orbi can’t connect to Orbi router issue. We recommend going through the steps highlighted ahead and using these steps to connect Orbi add on satellite to the Orbi router:
- Place the
- closer to the router.
- Connect both devices to the power source and turn the power buttons on.
- Let the lights on both devices get stable.
- Now press the Sync button on the back of the add on satellite.
- Similarly, press the Sync button on the Orbi router now.
- The Orbi satellite ring LED should turn solid blue which indicates the devices are successfully connected.
Fix 5: Update Orbi App
You can add Orbi add on satellite using the Orbi app. If you are using an outdated Orbi app to connect the device, you might face issues connecting them. So, update the Orbi app by heading towards the App Store or the Play Store and update the app. After updating the app add satellite using the steps given ahead:
- Launch the Orbi app by tapping on the icon.
- Enter the login details and tap on Sign In.
- Now tap on the Menu option.
- Tap on Add satellite.
- Keep following the prompts on the screen to add the satellite.
With this, you can easily add the Orbi add on satellite to the existing WiFi system.
Fix 6: Update Orbi
It is possible that your Orbi router firmware is outdated which is why you are unable to connect the Orbi add on satellite to the Orbi router. Thus access the orbilogin page and see if any updates are pending to be done. If there are any, then right away get your router updated to the most recent version of the firmware. Immediately after you have updated Orbi, try connecting the add on satellite to the router.
We are very sure that by following the fixes provided above, you will be able to add Orbi add on satellite to the Orbi router. On the off chance, you are still struggling with the same issue, then get in touch with our expert team. Trust us, you will not regret it.